Monday, October 09, 2006

Balanced Rocks on beach in Santa Barbara

I went to the beach today to do some balancing. My intention was to do some rather complicated balances involving multiple rocks. Being spoiled by Austrian rocks I actually had quite a hard time finding rocks I liked. Still happy with the outcome...
This one took a while, had to experiment with multiple rocks too. At first there was a big heavy rock involved but it crushed my finger and I got pissed off with it.

This thing was cool. I had just read how someone was carrying heavy rocks under water, diving down and pushing it forward a little bit at a time, to balance them and then I found this thing. It was about 3-4 feet tall and heavy enough that I could not carry it by any means, had to slide it. It balanced rather easy, but the two on top of it fell a couple times.
The two following images are close-ups of the two rocks balanced on the tall rock above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home