Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mesa Lane, Santa Barbara, CA

This was a semi unsatisfactory balance. The shot above was actually only an exposure check. I balanced the rocks so I could take a picture after sundown. As soon as they were standing I waited and two ladies came by. They were amazed by the balance and wanted to take a picture of me next to it. I got out the camera and snapped the above image to check the settings on the camera, gave it to them and stood next to the rocks. Just before she took the picture the balance collapsed. I had plenty of time before sundown to build them back up but an hour later they still weren't back up. The tide was coming in, waves clashing all over me, soaking me and throwing my balance off. The sand under my feet was washed away by the waves and I was sinking while trying to balance. It was a little frustrating and the rocks did not want to go back up. I ended up not being able to build the balance again, since it was getting dark and the tide was too high...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home